Each week, Biff Hamel and Jim Byrd discuss the latest information concerning retirement financial planning. Tune in to the broadcast on the radio each week or listen to the podcast either on iTunes or the website. Highlights of this week’s show:
- Two upcoming seminars. Call our office at 251-625-1226 to register for your seat:
- Two ways to save for Retirement:
- Managed money- Earn market returns, based on the ups and downs of the market.
- Annuities- The only vehicle that can give you a guaranteed income you cannot outlive with minimal market risk.
- Other retirement concerns that fixed income annuities can address:
- Nursing home- Medicare will not cover this. Long term care insurance is hard to qualify for and it’s expensive. Unexpected long term care expenses can leave your family short of retirement funds. Some annuities include long term care insurance.
- Life insurance- Most people do not have enough life insurance to cover expenses. Some annuities cover this too.
- What is your risk number?- Your risk tolerance changes as retirement approaches. Know your number and how your portfolio lines up.
- Inflation- Can erode your retirement portfolio. Do you want that much risk?
- Portfolio- Is your current portfolio, including your 401K, aligned for your current level of risk tolerance?
- Not all annuities are the same. Negative publicity about annuities needs to be evaluated with a closer look at the facts.
- Hybrid annuities are designed to overcome many of the negatives of other types of annuities. See us for a complete explanation with no pressure and no obligation. We can help you sort out your options. Don’t delay!
Give us a call to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’ll take a look at your retirement portfolio, discuss your future wishes, calculate your risk tolerance and your portfolio risk and offer some suggestions for your current situation. Contact us today!