Each week, Jim Byrd and Biff Hamel provide valuable financial information about retirement planning. If you don’t catch the radio broadcasts, you can listen to the podcast here or on iTunes. Highlights of this week’s show:
Christmas is Coming!
- Safe Harbor Financial is accepting Christmas gift donations for the Volunteers of America 10 Caring Gifts event. Clients can also bring gifts to the annual client Christmas party and we will deliver them.
All Annuities Are Not the Same
- Anti-annuity ads are still out there and they are not telling the whole truth. All annuities are not the same. There are variable, fixed, and hybrid annuities and each is structured differently. The truth is, over 83% of annuity buyers are satisfied with their purchase.
- Unlike the traditional investment portfolios offered by brokerage companies, fees for annuities average less than 1%.
- Every cent you pay into our annuities goes to work for you. In truth, the insurance company pays the commission, not the investor.
- We also have a product that has no fees, has a guaranteed fixed income, and absolutely no market risk. We have clients who love this.
- Hybrid annuities give you a guaranteed income of around 7 – 10%. There are no guarantees in the general stock market in which you run the risk of market fluctuations that can potentially destroy your retirement portfolio overnight.
- If you’ve suffered declines in your portfolio, some annuities pay a bonus up front which can help compensate for any market loss in traditional investments.