One of the challenges facing many investors is planning for retirement. At Safe Harbor Financial, we talk to people from all walks of life every day, and we specialize in helping you sort out your options for the retirement lifestyle you want. To get you started thinking, we offer a series of at-home planning tools that take some of the mystery out of retirement planning. This article, called How to Potentially Optimize Social Security Benefits, takes an in-depth look at the choices and decisions you’ll want to make concerning the timing of your first Social Security check. [Read more…]
Jim Byrd and Biff Hamel of Safe Harbor Financial Services in Daphne, AL host Safe Investing in the New Economy on WABF 1480 AM radio, FM Talk 106.5 radio and Fox News radio 710 WNTM. Listen weekly to the show on the radio or plug into the podcast on iTunes. This week’s discussion covers retirement planning with information about various types of single premium life insurance policies. Gary Garner, Safe Harbor’s newest associate, was also a guest this week.
What is a Single Premium Life Insurance Product?
A single premium policy has lots of flexible features. It’s a great product for people who want life insurance but don’t want a premium every month. If you’ve got money sitting around in taxable investments, we’d like to tell you about single premium life insurance. You can earn a high tax-deferred benefit tied to the market and also opt to include life insurance and long term care insurance inside the product. Learn more when you come into our office for your complimentary retirement consultation.
How confident are you that you’re preparing well for retirement? Do you know how much money you need to live comfortably for the rest of your life? How concerned are you about leaving your retirement savings in a volatile stock market?
The Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) and Greenwald & Associates recently released their 28th annual Retirement Confidence Survey with interesting results. [Read more…]
Each week, Biff Hamel and Jim Byrd discuss the latest information concerning retirement financial planning. Tune in to the broadcast on the radio each week or listen to the podcast either on iTunes or the website. Highlights of this week’s show:
- Two upcoming seminars. Call our office at 251-625-1226 to register for your seat:
- Two ways to save for Retirement:
- Managed money- Earn market returns, based on the ups and downs of the market.
- Annuities- The only vehicle that can give you a guaranteed income you cannot outlive with minimal market risk.
- Other retirement concerns that fixed income annuities can address:
- Nursing home- Medicare will not cover this. Long term care insurance is hard to qualify for and it’s expensive. Unexpected long term care expenses can leave your family short of retirement funds. Some annuities include long term care insurance.
- Life insurance- Most people do not have enough life insurance to cover expenses. Some annuities cover this too.
- What is your risk number?- Your risk tolerance changes as retirement approaches. Know your number and how your portfolio lines up.
- Inflation- Can erode your retirement portfolio. Do you want that much risk?
- Portfolio- Is your current portfolio, including your 401K, aligned for your current level of risk tolerance?
- Not all annuities are the same. Negative publicity about annuities needs to be evaluated with a closer look at the facts.
- Hybrid annuities are designed to overcome many of the negatives of other types of annuities. See us for a complete explanation with no pressure and no obligation. We can help you sort out your options. Don’t delay!
Give us a call to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’ll take a look at your retirement portfolio, discuss your future wishes, calculate your risk tolerance and your portfolio risk and offer some suggestions for your current situation. Contact us today!
Each week, Biff Hamel and Jim Byrd review the latest information concerning financial planning for retirement. Listen to the radio broadcasts or download the podcast here or on iTunes. Highlights of this week’s show:
- Christmas party: Our clients enjoy an annual Christmas party and this year we are again collecting for the underprivileged through the Volunteers of America Ten Caring Gifts Program. Last year our several hundred guests each brought a gift, filling up several cars. We also invite you to drop off gifts at our office.
- The 55 rule explained: If you get laid off at age 55 and up, you can draw from your 401K without the 10% penalty that normally applies to early withdrawals.
- Market corrections ahead: The yield curve is starting to flatten out and there is a possibility of an inverted yield curve, which often predicts a recession.
- When you’ve got retirement coming up in the near future, you may not have time to recover from a market reversal. Come see us for a portfolio review now and see if we can improve your return and lower your risk.
- Not all annuities are the same. Be sure you know exactly what kind of annuity you are reading about in the many negative reviews out there. Ours are safe and have guaranteed income.
- High commissions? You don’t pay any commissions out of your money.
- Lack of liquidity? Not forever. You have access after a year or so.
- Lack of flexibility? Not true. Our products are very customizable to meet your needs.
- Low return? We offer a guaranteed income of a minimum of 6.5%. Some returns are higher.
- Safety concerns? They are insured so no risk there.
- Customer satisfaction? 83% of purchasers are very happy with their investment.
- Long term care insurance: It’s expensive and premiums keep increasing. We offer some annuity products that include long term care insurance, lowering your overall cost.
- Young Families: It’s never too early to start saving for retirement. The future of Social Security is unclear and now is the time to begin planning and saving.
- Retirees and those nearing retirement: What would you do if the market dropped 30 or 40%? That’s a huge hit and you don’t have to take that risk.
Give us a call or contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’ll take a look at your retirement portfolio, calculate your risk tolerance and your portfolio risk and offer some suggestions for alignment. You’ve got nothing to lose. Let’s get started.