In this week’s episode we cover:
- Trump rally or Reagan correction? Investors welcomed the Reagan inauguration, but the market still fell 20% afterwards. Our market fundamentals are just as bad. Back then it was runaway inflation; this time, we’re in a price bubble. Government spending couldn’t find the shovel-ready projects and the massive spending leaked into stocks and bonds. Now they’re risky and overpriced, that’s why trading volumes are so low.
Safe investing in the New Economy is making sure you don’t run out of money before you run out of life. Some key questions we’ll ask when you come to see us:
- How long should you plan for? Insurance companies say 20 years; the IRS says longer.
- Social security – how much can you rely on it when it’s not keeping up with inflation and the future’s in question?
- What’s the inflation rate? The government says 2% but everyone we speak to says 5%. This is important to your lifestyle.
- What return do I need from my savings? When Social Security is not inflation proof, your savings have to do all the work.
We’re here to help – to help you plan your retirement or just invest safely and wisely.
We’re happy to report that 400 clients came to our Christmas party. They know we’re always there, during good times and bad. Check out pictures from our annual Christmas party on our Facebook page!