Jim Byrd and Biff Hamel host their weekly educational financial radio show, Safe Investing in the New Economy, on WABF 1480 AM radio, FM Talk 106.5 radio and Fox News Radio 710 WNTM. Listen on the radio, the website or on the podcast on iTunes. Learn more about retirement planning and investing for a safe and happy retirement. This week’s show includes our expert guest, Dawson Walley, Business Development Manager at Medicare Compare Agency in Pensacola, Florida discussing the in’s and out’s of Medicare plans.
Dalton Walley was our guest this week, one of our team of trusted advisors we can recommend to you when the need arises. No kidding; Medicare is confusing and the decisions you make are important. Dalton offers a free consultation and will cover all the Medicare alternatives with you, including original Medicare Part A and Part B, Medigap and Medicare Advantage plans. Dalton will make sure you understand all the options and answer all your questions before you leap. And it doesn’t cost you anything. Listen to the recording for a full explanation of Medicare options available to you. For more help, call our office or call Dalton Walley directly at 251-421-0956.
Social Security Tips:
- If possible, delay your Social Security as long as possible, at least until age 66. You take at least a 30% cut if you begin it at age 62.
- If you and your spouse can live on a single retirement income as you delay taking the greater of your two Social Security payments until age 70, you should. The increase from 62 to 70 is much greater.
- Note that when one spouse dies, the surviving spouse can begin to take the greater amount, which can sometimes make up the difference in going from two Social Security payments to one.
Helping all kinds of people with retirement decisions
- Widows who need help understanding their situation once their spouse is gone.
- People who need help with Medicare, taxes, legal matters; we have great relationships with trustworthy experts and we can get you the help you need.
- People whose accounts are all spread out and need help consolidating them into a cohesive retirement plan.
- People who have recently received a large amount of money and don’t know where to invest it.
- And we can help YOU!
Guaranteed income plans for retirement
If you want guaranteed income for retirement, there’s only one place to get it and that’s an annuity. Don’t make the mistake of assuming all annuities are the same. We prefer hybrid annuities because they incorporate all the positive features of annuities with fewer of the downsides. Hybrid annuities, an offshoot of fixed index annuities, pay either a minimum return or market returns, whichever is greater, without participating in market losses. Guaranteed returns range from 6.5 – 8 % plus a bonus of 6-8%.
It’s our job to research the very best annuities for our clients from among hundreds of companies so you don’t have to. Hybrid annuities cost under 1% and you can also include a nursing home doubler, which means your annuity income doubles if you have to go to a nursing home. We offer many, many custom plans. Come see us and we’ll make sure we understand your family’s needs before we suggest options to improve your current retirement portfolio.
Schedule a seat at an upcoming seminar or a complimentary consultation
Call us at 251-625-1226 or send us an email and we’ll sign you up for one of upcoming seminars. Or set up an appointment with Jim Byrd and his staff to review your retirement portfolio. We’ll discuss your goals for your future and evaluate your investments for risk, costs, and actual returns, and put together a comprehensive plan for a safe, worry-free retirement for your family. Don’t wait. Procrastination is the thief of your tomorrow!