Jim Byrd and Biff Hamel host a weekly radio show called Safe Investing in the New Economy. Each week they share the latest information on retirement planning and other issues related to a safe and happy retirement. Tune in to the broadcast on the radio each week at WABF 1480 AM and FM Talk 106.5 and Fox News Radio 710 WNTM. Also available as a podcast on iTunes and on the website. This week’s show welcomed Medicare expert, Dalton Walley:
Dalton Walley, Certified Medicare Benefit Counselor Discusses 2018 Changes
Every US citizen will receive Medicare Part A and most will receive Part B at age 65. The changes coming up in 2018 include a new Medicare card with a new ID number that eliminates your social security number. This change is designed to help protect your identity by keeping your social security number secure. New cards will be arriving automatically between April 2018 and April 2019. Contact ssa.gov/myaccount to update your mailing address if needed before the mailing. Or call 800-772-1213.
Caution: Medicare will not call you about this, so be careful of phone scams asking you for your Social Security number.
Questions Answered This Week on the Radio Show:
- Life Insurance Beneficiaries and Taxes- Do multiple beneficiaries cause tax trouble?
- IRA Beneficiaries and Stretching the Distribution based on Life Expectancy- How does that work?
If you have questions about anything related to retirement issues, contact us and we will help you find the answers.
Smart Investments Do Not Require Taking Huge Risks
- Larger returns do not require a larger exposure to risk. The stock market is not a very safe place for retirement portfolios.
- Fixed index annuities participate in market increases but do not necessarily experience losses.
- Fixed index annuities also offer guaranteed income for life while market investments do not.
- Nursing home and home health care can be tied to your fixed index annuities and almost everyone needs this. Without this benefit, you can spend up to $90,000 per year for care.
- Very few financial advisors have the combined experience of the team at Safe Harbor Financial. It lowers your risk to talk to the experts in retirement planning and investing.
If you’re within about 10 years of retirement, it is not safe to keep your money in the market in a 401K, stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Contact us to discuss potentially better, safer investments.
Learn More at a Seminar or a Personal Consultation
Two upcoming seminars will help you understand more about our products and services in light of your upcoming retirement. Don’t delay! Call our office at 251-625-1226 to register for your seat:
- January 23, 6:00 pm, Jesse’s Restaurant in Magnolia Springs, AL (Rescheduled from 1/16 due to weather.)
- January 18, 6:00 pm, Half Shell Oyster House in Mobile, AL
If you prefer, call to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’ll discuss your future plans and dreams, take a look at your retirement portfolio, calculate your risk tolerance and your portfolio risk and offer some suggestions. Contact us today!