Over the years we’ve been helping people prepare for happy, confident retirement years, we’ve seen a number of completely avoidable mistakes many pre-retirees make. The purpose of this series on retirement planning you can start at home is to encourage you to avoid making these same mistakes. For example:
- You don’t have a fully mapped out retirement strategy.
- You’re living beyond your means, contributing little or nothing to the savings you’ll need after your paychecks stop.
- You are under the impression you will be healthy forever — and therefore may be ignoring the cost of health care in retirement.
- You aren’t saving enough to account for inflation.
- You haven’t planned for the possibility of long-term care.
You’ll want to read the whole article, Five Retirement Mis-Steps to Dodge, and see where you stand. If your current retirement plan is not making you feel comfortable, we get it. It’s scary to think about and easy to put off the proper planning. But we know from experience that the sooner you deal with it, the sooner you’ll be sleeping better at night.
It’s never too late to start retirement planning and investing. But don’t go it alone. We offer a free consultation with Jim Byrd and his expert team of retirement planners. We’ll review your current portfolio, assess your risk tolerance, help you express your future plans, hopes and dreams, and offer you a sensible, high-paying alternative to investing in the volatile stock or bond market. And we’ll address the high cost of health care, especially the cost of long term care and offer you a viable way to plan for it and the financial health of your family. All this and much more is available to you at our complimentary consultation.
So read this article, check out some of the other great articles in the series and then contact us to set up your free consultation. Our mission is to help you plan for an exciting, fulfilling future. We’d love to hear from you! Call us at 251-625-1226 or send us a note.