Each week, Biff Hamel and Jim Byrd review the latest information concerning financial planning for retirement. Listen to the radio broadcasts or download the podcast here or on iTunes. Highlights of this week’s show:
- Christmas party: Our clients enjoy an annual Christmas party and this year we are again collecting for the underprivileged through the Volunteers of America Ten Caring Gifts Program. Last year our several hundred guests each brought a gift, filling up several cars. We also invite you to drop off gifts at our office.
- The 55 rule explained: If you get laid off at age 55 and up, you can draw from your 401K without the 10% penalty that normally applies to early withdrawals.
- Market corrections ahead: The yield curve is starting to flatten out and there is a possibility of an inverted yield curve, which often predicts a recession.
- When you’ve got retirement coming up in the near future, you may not have time to recover from a market reversal. Come see us for a portfolio review now and see if we can improve your return and lower your risk.
- Not all annuities are the same. Be sure you know exactly what kind of annuity you are reading about in the many negative reviews out there. Ours are safe and have guaranteed income.
- High commissions? You don’t pay any commissions out of your money.
- Lack of liquidity? Not forever. You have access after a year or so.
- Lack of flexibility? Not true. Our products are very customizable to meet your needs.
- Low return? We offer a guaranteed income of a minimum of 6.5%. Some returns are higher.
- Safety concerns? They are insured so no risk there.
- Customer satisfaction? 83% of purchasers are very happy with their investment.
- Long term care insurance: It’s expensive and premiums keep increasing. We offer some annuity products that include long term care insurance, lowering your overall cost.
- Young Families: It’s never too early to start saving for retirement. The future of Social Security is unclear and now is the time to begin planning and saving.
- Retirees and those nearing retirement: What would you do if the market dropped 30 or 40%? That’s a huge hit and you don’t have to take that risk.
Give us a call or contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’ll take a look at your retirement portfolio, calculate your risk tolerance and your portfolio risk and offer some suggestions for alignment. You’ve got nothing to lose. Let’s get started.