Summary of today’s broadcast:
- Markets will be volatile due to many new policy changes.
- Mutual fund surrender charges can be very costly compared to hybrid annuities. Did you know that you are locked into a mutual fund with surrender charges and fees?
- Pensions are on the brink of bankruptcy. Several pensions are looking at cutting people’s benefits by up to 80%!
- We have strategies other than hybrid annuities, and we have several new products this year to bring to the table.
- Did you know that there are only four companies responsible for 70% of the DOW movement? Most portfolios are only achieving a meager 3% return.
- One big question is whether there is going to be real growth. If so, then bonds are not the place to be.
- Municipal bonds: if taxes are falling, then that’s a negative for municipal bonds.