Jim Byrd and Biff Hamel host Safe Investing in the New Economy, a popular financial talk show heard on WABF 1480 AM and FM Talk 106.5 and Fox News Radio 710 WNTM. Each week, Jim and Biff discuss the latest news and share their wisdom on retirement planning and investing for a safe, happy retirement. Be sure to listen to the full podcast on iTunes or on the website.
Test Yourself on Retirement Planning -True or False?
Fixed index annuities tie up your money for the entire term of the contract with absolutely no exceptions.
- FALSE- Safe Harbor Financial Services now offers a new product that is basically liquid and allows you to get your money out after 2 years, if you need to, based on what the market is doing.
- FALSE- You can also get your money from fixed index annuities with no surrender charge, under certain special circumstances. For example, when you have a terminal illness, you can get all your money with a doctor’s sign-off.
Fixed index annuities return rates are much lower than the average stock market return.
- FALSE- Recent returns for our extremely liquid new product were over 8% last week, with no market risk.
All annuities are about the same.
- FALSE- All annuities are not the same and it’s important to understand the differences before buying. There have been major improvements in all of them since they first came out. Compared to fixed index annuities, variable annuities are very expensive, and their return is tied to market performance. Fixed index annuities are being priced lower all the time, and pay close to market rates without any market risk. If liquidity is important to you, certain fixed index annuities are far more liquid than other annuities.
Most people have plenty of time to make back their losses if the market were to suddenly drop 30 – 40%.
- FALSE- This is especially false if you are are approaching or already at retirement age. Retirement portfolios are too important to expose to unforseen market risk.
Everyone can easily wait until at least age 35 before thinking about retirement savings.
- FALSE- We all need to start thinking about retirement as soon as we begin earning. Even single and young couples need to start making a plan for retirement. If you don’t have the minimum investment, we can set up an account on a flexible premium basis and you contribute every month. It will add up to a tremendous amount by retirement age.
Fixed index annuities and long term care insurance are two great ways to plan for a secure retirement.
- TRUE- And some of our annuities products actually include long term care insurance. We help our clients create a retirement portfolio that takes into account all their future dreams, plans and potential needs. We’d love to help you too.
If you have been procrastinating about taking advantage of our complimentary consultation, you are definitely human! Take a moment right now to pick up the phone and call us. We will thoroughly review your current portfolio, evaluate your risk tolerance, listen to your future dreams, take into consideration your unique needs, and make sound recommendations to help you plan for a happy, secure retirement. Call now 251-625-1226.
Upcoming Seminars- Call to Register
Call soon to sign up for our informative financial seminars in March. Bring a guest and enjoy dinner on us.
- March 20, 6:00 pm, Jesse’s Restaurant in Magnolia Springs, AL
- March 22, 6:00 pm, Southland Kitchen in Daphne, AL
If the seminar is full, we can put you on a waiting list for another date. It’s always a good idea to bring your spouse, if you have one, or a friend. Seats fill quickly so call our office soon at 251-625-1226.
Upcoming Events- Save the Dates
- May 10- Taste of the Town with the Kiwanis Club of Daphne/Spanish Fort and Safe Harbor Financial- Five Rivers Delta Resource Center
- May 28- Memorial Day BBQ at the American Legion Post #199 in Fairhope, AL- Free meals for veterans.